You can add required or optional choices for your menu using the Modifiers tab. Modifiers can include a side, flavor, or additional toppings.
For your prix fixe menu, modifiers will enable customers to choose their meal, such as their appetizer, entree, and dessert.
- To begin from anywhere in the restaurant platform, use the top left drop-down and select Menu.
- Select View Modifiers in the drop-down toward the top left, under Search.
- To the right of Viewing Modifiers, select . The Edit Modifier Options menu will appear to your right.
- Enter the modifier prompt. Think about how you ask your customers which modifiers they’d like with this menu item in person. For example, a steak might offer more than one side—a baked potato, fries or asparagus—as modifiers. For this example, “Choose a side” would fit as a modifier prompt.
- Enter “prix fixe” as the internal name, to more easily find the modifier within the editing platform.
- Add the choices for the modifier. The above “Choose a side” example would look like this:
- If necessary, you can add prices to the choices. In the above example, choosing asparagus as a side costs an extra $1, compared to fries or the baked potato, which are free with the entree.
- Select the Quantity of modifiers you’re offering under this modifier prompt.
- Single Selection, Required: Customers must select one modifier.
- Single Selection, Optional: Customers can choose to add one modifier.
- Multiple Selections, Optional: Customers can choose to add as many modifiers, or no modifiers at all, to a dish as they want.
- Custom: Set the minimum and/or maximum number of modifiers a customer can select for this dish. You can also allow customers to select as many modifiers as they want by checking the Unlimited Max Selections checkbox.
- For your prix fixe menu, you will want to choose “Single Selection, Required” for each course of the meal.